Monday, August 24, 2009

Playing Dressup

This is the first time I've had the chance to update my wardrobe since giving birth, six months ago. As I usually do, I Google photos of Hollywood Stars' everyday wear and copy them, less the stress on my part to think of what to put together for an outfit.


I like basic colors. Greys and navies and blacks, whites, and even red. I can't not go purple at least once a week, so I consider the color as one of my basics.

I normally don't go with the trend. Unless it's too nice to pass up on. The flared jeans, for instance. The problem with trends is that the piece of clothing has a limited shelf life. After which, we'll have to store them, sell them or just give it away. It makes sense to invest in pieces of clothing that will last long. Whether we're talking about the durability or the style.

Here are a few of what I've spotted online that might work for young moms (in a country like the Philippines where we only have 2 seasons).

1) Katherine Heigl's gray knit over a white top and faded black jeans. Her shiny silver ballet flats gives the outfit the needed shine and her beautiful red Valentino handbag kicks color into the "greyness" of it all. Loving her shades, too.










* Try Kamiseta, Bayo or Candy (in Robinsons Department Stores).



2) Reese Witherspoon's petite figure is complimented by her dark denims. Reese mixed and match a gray long sleeved shirt with a black short sleeved cardigan.

* Try Kamiseta, Bayo or Candy (in Robinsons Department Stores).

No comments:

Post a Comment