Monday, August 3, 2009

Working Mom: Updating Your Wardrobe

When I cleaned my closet a year ago, I had a closet full of all the good "women stuff". From dark denims to slacks of khaki, white and black, argyle sweaters (my favorite), collared shirts of different hues, perfect white tees, and a shoe collection of all kinds, shapes and colors to fit every wardrobe. 

But when I cleaned out my closet the other day, a was appalled to see they were all gone. Where'd they go?! Oh, right. I gave them away without thinking I could actually get back to my pre-pregnancy weight after giving birth. 

So headed to the mall to go shopping. I started with the basics. I'm not about to spend my life's savings on this one. I've set a side an emergency fund and well, this is kind of an emergency, at least to me.

I first went to the shoe section (yup my feet grew an inch bigger after having my baby). I was lucky my working shoes brand had a sale. I buy from one store for all my working shoes. I took a white, a black and a brown pair in 3 somewhat-alike-yet-somewhat-different styles. Now that I have the basic colored shoes, I won't have a problem choosing the when I plan my wardrobe. They're all flats by the way. In my job, I need them to be so. 

I then went straight to by jeans and slacks. I took 1 dark denim in straight cut-slim fit style (always a safe choice), 1 black slacks in semi-bootleg cut, 1 white and a khaki semi-flared cut. Like I said, basics.

I got 3 basic white tees (i wear them inside jackets all the time) and a black one, too. 

Next time, I'll shop for more colors. For now, I plan to perk my outfits up through the right accessories, Now those are something I didn't give away! 

No comments:

Post a Comment