Monday, August 31, 2009

First Tooth

Finally, after weeks of anticipation, Miguel's first tooth is out. It looks a bit weird, though. Like a grain of rice on his lower gum. I don't remember the exact date, but it came out around two weeks after his sixth month birthday.

I feel bad not being the first one to spot it. His nanny did. She used an infant toothbrush (the one you put a finger in) to check. Then there, a single white tooth.

Most people say kids his age would have to have fever to get the first tooth out. Not true. No fever. No chills. Just a lot of biting.

We had a checkup a few days ago. I asked for Do's and Don'ts from his Doctor and I was surprised to be told that there aren't any. She said kids don't get their permanent teeth until they're about six, so I can expect them to still fall out anytime between now and six years from now.

I haven't gotten any prescription for special toothpastes or things like that so until I do, i'll take the biting. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment