Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Switching Nannies

I've had my kid's nanny for almost 6 months now. She's separated with three children that she left to her mother in the province. This is why when she told she wanted to try her luck working overseas, I did not find it a surprise. I wouldn't want to stop her in finding better opportunities to give her kids a better life.


I have a new nanny now and she's being trained by the 1st nanny (weeks before her planned departure from our home). My son is adjusting quite well. He's turning 6 months on the 11th of August. Of course I had to make sure the replacement was going to be as dedicated to her job as the first one, if not better. 

Finding a good nanny isn't difficult if you know what to look for --- depending on your family's needs. I'm lucky our household help (dedicated to household chores) was able to refer a friend to us. I used the same steps I took when I hired my first nanny.

As a working mother (my husband works full-time as well and is often not home than I am), my primary concern is the safety of my son at all times. My previous blog entry on hiring a yaya (nanny) helped me a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment