Thursday, July 2, 2009

Best Bet for a First Pet



My sweet Shih Tzu Diego used to live with us when my husband and I were still living at a condo unit. We didn't have our son then. Diego was our baby. He even behaved like one. Very quiet, always sleeping, and loved to ball up on the couch as I watched TV.


We had to give him away after I gave birth to my son. Shih Tzus are a great breed, but they can be very jealous. At least from my experience. Diego never liked it when I play with the neighbor's dogs.


I guess if I were to choose my son's first pet, it would be a Golden Retriever. I hear they're great with kids. Friends who've experienced having one say that they don't get annoyed easily and although they're a large breed, they say they make a good company. Maybe not as "lightweight" and "portable" as a shih tzu, but less manageable.


Price ranges from P8,000 to a whopping P35,000 or even higher depending on the quality of the breed and the sire.

No comments:

Post a Comment