Saturday, July 18, 2009

Housekeeping Diva


I wrote this note about 2 or 3 months ago on my Face Book account. I got it out of reading home decorating magazines and some are charged to experience and mom's old tricks. 

1. For Sealed Envelopes - Put in the freezer for a few hours, then slide a knife under the flap. The envelope can then be resealed. (hmmm...) 

2. Ants, ants, ants everywhere ... Well, they are said to never cross chalk line. So get your chalk out and draw a line on the floor or wherever ants tend to march and see for yourself. 

3. Vinegar kills weeds. Spray full strength (undiluted) on weeds - be careful not to spray it on the surrounding grass as it will kill that too. 

4. Place bay leaves in kitchen drawers to keep crawling insects away. 

5. Dentists have recommended that a toothbrush be kept at least six feet away from a toilet to avoid airborne particles resulting from the flush.

6. Use baking soda and water mixed together (1 part baking soda to 3 parts water) for white-cords-turned-gray to make them white again. (I personally do this on my MacBook's cords--they work great). I also use it to restore my husband's white cortez sneakers to its original color.

No comments:

Post a Comment