Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Mom and Ma'am


I'm off to a mid-shift meeting at 3:00 am today. It's a client call.

I was informed earlier that I will be handling a team of 41 people for a new campaign / account. As if that's not news enough, my work schedule will probably change big time. My normal schedule in the office is 10pm-7am (night shift). But starting tonight, I'll be on a 12am-9am shift. However, I've heard that this account will be having a 12-hour workday with a 6-day workweek. I've been shaking my head for ideas on how to deal since.

I'm supposed to being my son to the Pediatrician for his 5th shot and check-up. That's way overdue (his schedule was on July 14th). Now I won't be able to do that now that i have to stay in the office until 12 noon today. I'm rescheduling it on Saturday. I'll make a really early house call to Doc for that.

I'm pacing. Pacing around my workstation repeating in monotone "this is good. This is okay. This is good. This is okay. I love my job. I love my job. I love my job." --- and I do. I really, really do. But family comes first. Always does.

So now, the Spidermom will turn into another one of her multi-million characters. Mom and Ma'am both at the same time. Not to mention my online business (another baby of mine) is really picking up. Lots to do!

I'm not sure how I'm going to do it, but I know I'll do it. I do what I can when I can where I can.  And if I can't, then I can't. Some things will, some things won't, so what. Makes me laugh now when I remember that movie where my blog name was inspired by. Grandma says "you do too much. You're not Superman, you know."

Yup, that's right. Just spidermom. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment