Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My Proud Chicken!


The first perfect roasted chicken (at least for me) that I made as an adult was made with McCormick Zesty Garlic Marinade. Alavet!!!

I bought a medium whole chicken from the supermarket, drizzled it with olive oil, sprinkled it with the Zesty Garlic Marinade powder, popped a bundle of Lemongrass (Tanglad in the Philippines) into its insides to help the chicken absorb the flavor. I stuffed about 2 slices of lemon for a little more tang. Left it for about 30 minutes then popped it into the rotisserie I got from my wedding. I let it sit there for 45 minutes at 230 degrees and flipped it to cook the other side for another 45 minutes without changing the temperature.

It was an experiment really. The chicken turned out to be really tender and really juicy. Full of flavor --- my husband thought I bought it from somewhere and claimed all the fame and glory.
Finally, a recipe I can call "half my own".

Oh, and I took the leftover juice from the rotisserie tray, heated it up in the stove, added a bit of flour and presto --- I got sauce!

;)

No comments:

Post a Comment