Monday, July 20, 2009

Homemade Baby Food


Like all moms, I'm careful about what I feed my little tyke. I still do feed him baby rice cereals from the box, I mean, why not? But then I make sure he it's not all that he eats.

Once a day, I make homemade baby food made from veggies and fruits. I don't add sugar and let him enjoy the good stuff as it is. He loves carrots. I mash them with this baby food maker I bought from Baby & Co. (3rd level at the Podium in Ortigas).

I've also tried feeding him avocados. He likes them, but he developed rashes the day after, so I figured he's allergic to it. I might try feeding him avocados again, just to see if the rashes were really a result of that. Doctors say we should feed babies 1 kind of food for 3 days straight to figure out if it's an allergen.

I also feed him pureed mangoes (I use the blender or just mash them with a spoon). I use fresh mangoes. I have no intentions of feeding him anything from the can anytime soon (canned peaches, pineapples, etc.)

This way, I'm sure he's getting enough vitamins because he's no longer breast-feeding. I plan to move on to mashed squash (loading him up with vitamin A for strong eyesight). I think I'm raising a future pilot.

No comments:

Post a Comment